Our Forensic Services department has developed an enviable reputation as leaders in Fraud & Financial Investigations. Our effective and seasoned group of professional fraud experts use a proven process to deliver a thorough investigation, while protecting a positive work environment. Vicenti investigators know how to handle allegations and circumstances which may involve whistle-blower complaints, hotlines tips, informant and anonymous sources of information, exit interviews and other sources of complaints.
Some of our clients have included school districts, public agencies, special districts, municipalities, home owner associations, business development agencies, corporate and commercial businesses and not-for-profit organizations.
How We Help
We handle internal, administrative, civil investigations and liaison with law enforcement in criminal investigations in a wide variety of fraud schemes, such as:
- Fraud from employee misappropriations
- Theft and embezzlement
- Check disbursement schemes
- Cash receipts schemes
- Conflict of interest, bribery and corruption schemes
- Procurement fraud, including both vendor and employee scheme
- Payroll fraud
- Employee reimbursement scheme
- “Off the Books” transactions
Our specific involvement includes:
- Quickly responding to your concerns and work hands-on with you to professionally assess the situation and help you determine if an investigation is warranted
- Investigation plan and scope designed specifically to your situation
- Discreet handling of sensitive inquiries
- Conducting investigations in a professional and discreet manner and work with your internal audit and/or internal investigative staff to minimize the cost of the overall investigation.
- Thorough report of findings (fraud determination, mode and method of fraud, identification of perpetrator, quantify fraud loss, weaknesses of internal control, and how to improve controls)
- Computer forensics
- Working with you in the presentation of findings to your board of trustees or directors
- Working with both in-house and/or outside counsel assigned to represent your interest.
- Expert witness testimony
- Assistance with insurance recovery
- Liaison with law enforcement, attorneys and regulatory agencies
- On-site crisis management